In the real estate market, there are a lot of companies, businesses, and individuals all with their websites. This can become quite overwhelming for a buyer. How do you know which to choose from? For this reason, I have curated a list of the 21 top real estate websites in the world to make your search a bit easier.
What do I mean by top? Well, picking the top websites can depend on different criteria. It all depends on what you are looking for and this may differ due to personal interest.
For this article, we will take ‘top’ to mean websites that simplify the buying and selling process to make it more effective, give a choice of tools for buyers and sellers to get the best information, and rapidly and properly update listings. Basically, we will be looking at the top real estate websites from a buyer’s perspective.
Take note that this list does not follow a specific order, take your time to go through the list and pick the website best suited for your requirement.
- 1. Realty Nub
- 2. Zillow
- 3. Realtor.com
- 4. Trulia
- 5. Apartments.com
- 6. Redfin.com
- 7. Airbnb
- 8. HomeFinder
- 9. Homes.com
- 10. ApartmentGuide
- 11. ForRent.com
- 12. HotPads
- 13. Opendoor.com
- 14. Roofstock
- 15. RealtyTrac
- 16. ZipRealty
- 17. Rent.com
- 18. Auction.com
- 19. MLS.com
- 20. ReMax
- 21. Xome
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts On The Best Real Estate Websites In The World
1. Realty Nub
Realty Nub is the hub of real estate in Nigeria and the world at large. We give you up-to-date news, tips, and first-hand experiences on the real estate world and all it has to offer.
Realty Nub is the best real estate blog in Nigeria. It was created in late November 2022 but fully began operations and activities in January 2023.
Since breaking into the real estate niche, Realty Nub has established itself as an authoritative and reliable source of real estate information and data. Therefore, becoming the first on this list of the top 21 real estate websites in the world.
Pros of Realty Nub
- It provides reviews of houses in different locations across various countries.
- It provides guides and ideas on how to navigate the real estate world.
- It accepts guest posts from other reliable sources to help reach a wider audience (For adverts and inquiries please contact us at; email@example.com)
- It has a very pocket-friendly advert rate.
Cons of Realty Nub
- As of the time of writing this article, there are no cons, demerits, or disadvantages of Realty Nub.
Zillow was created in 2006 by Rich Barton and Lloyd Frink, two former Microsoft executives. It is one of the most popular real estate websites with over 36 million visits every month.
Regardless of whether you’re buying, selling, or renting a home, Zillow provides a full-service website for all real estate transactions.
Additionally, you have a ton of listings for financing options and remodeling services. Users of Zillow’s website enjoy an immersive browsing experience. The majority of listings on this site include multiple high-resolution images of the homes, making it an image-heavy site.
Zillow also has a feature called Zestimate that conducts property evaluations to give you the estimated value of your house.
- It is free to buyers and sellers.
- It has a large database.
- The Zillow app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- It has numerous “how-to” guides about buying and selling homes.
- Free home evaluation tool.
- Extensive search filters.
- Zestimates may not always be accurate as it only depends on the information in the site’s database.
- Realtors can pay for leads.
Realtor.com is popularly known for being the most accurate real estate website. It is operated by the News Corp subsidiary Move, Inc. It is associated with the National Association of Realtors and uses Multiple Listing Services (MLS) listings, the industry standard for high-quality listings that are sourced from about 580 local databases.
The realtor app can be used to look up properties, see photos and videos of tours, and compare neighborhood characteristics.
They aim to assist buyers and sellers in obtaining all information from a listing without having to worry about real estate paperwork or legal, or technical concerns. It connects buyers to sellers without any hassle making the buying process much simpler.
Additionally, they have search filters that help buyers narrow the search results down to exactly what they are looking for or at least close enough to it. You can even use your fingertip to draw a shape on the app map to only see the properties inside of that specific geographic area.
- It continuously refreshes all of its listings so that you always get the most recent information.
- 99% of all MLS listings are included in the database.
- It provides links to financial and pre-qualified financing calculators for buyers.
- Reliable “find a realtor” function.
- It is free for buyers.
- There is no way for homeowners to sell their houses themselves.
Trulia is a real estate website similar to Zillow. It offers a full-service website for all real estate transactions and has a sizable user base. With Trulia, searching for the ideal homes that fit your preferences and budget for homeownership is simple. You can purchase, sell, or rent property right on the site.
Trulia has an outstanding mobile app available on both android and iOS devices. The app offers detailed home listings and gives details on the neighborhood as well. You can find out the closest school to the house, places to eat and shop, commute time, and even get reviews from the residents in that area.
- It has a search customization tool.
- It is free.
- Detailed listings.
- You can set alerts for new listings that fit your criteria.
- It has an open-house scheduling tool.
- Homeowners cannot sell their property themselves.
- The app does not have an agent directory.
Apartments.com was established in 1992 and was later acquired by CoStar Group (CSGP) in 2014. It is a great real estate website packed with rental listings of over a million rental homes, including condos, flats, homes, and townhomes.
Searching for properties on Apartments.com and its app is completely free. However, people looking to rent a house must pay $29.00 (plus tax) to apply for up to 10 rentals within 30 days through the mobile app.
Before a listing is added to the site, a professional research team is sent to inspect and assess each property. This assures buyers that they are getting exactly what is posted on the website.
The listings are very detailed. Providing pictures, 3D tours, floor plans, dates of availability, current rent discounts, and additional costs like parking or pet fees, if applicable.
Some of the unique features of the app include the polygon feature and a commute planner. You can accurately search locations on a map, discover properties inside them, and search for areas using the site’s distinctive “Polygon” feature. The commute planner assists users in moving as near to their place of employment as possible.
- It provides listings for different types of rental homes, including condos, flats, homes, and townhomes.
- It allows users to see reviews from other renters.
- Detailed listings.
- Reliable search feature.
- You have to pay a fee to rent a house.
- There is no free trial period.
Redfin Corporation is a residential real estate brokerage founded by David Eraker in 2002 and based in Seattle.
They also provide a real estate website for property listings where buyers can search through a wide variety of listings, take 3D tours of properties and get in contact with real estate agents.
Using RedFin agents for your home-buying requirements can save you an average of $8,400. The listing fee that real estate agents often charge is 2.5-3% of the selling price while Redfin, on the other hand, charges a 1.5% listing fee, which is reduced to 1% if you employ a Redfin agent to purchase your new residence within a year of selling your old one as a form of a rebate.
RedFin provides same-day viewing appointments and a broad range of services to its customers making it one of the top real estate websites.
- It has an excellent user interface.
- It provides thorough search filters.
- You can save money using a redfin agent rather than hiring a real estate agent.
- You can view upcoming open houses and tours.
- The in-app features are limited.
- There are no rental listings.
Airbnb is one of the largest online resources for rentals in the world. It was founded by Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, and Nathan Blecharczyk in 2008 and has become one of the top real estate websites. The company operates in markets around the world, with its headquarters in San Francisco.
Airbnb is an online marketplace for rentals for short-term homestays. It brings together those looking for lodging in particular areas and those looking to rent out their homes.
- Free listings.
- Customizable searching feature.
- Wide selection of listings.
- Hosts can select their prices.
- There is a risk of damage to the hosts’ property.
- You may not always get what is posted on the site.
Homefinder is an online real estate website that offers listing services and a range of other services for buyers, sellers, and brokers. They also work with foreclosure properties and develop advertising solutions for real estate agents or private property sellers.
They have a wide variety of listings from over 50 states on their website. HomeFinder provides customers with a top-notch search feature that enables buyers to easily streamline their search to their requirements.
- It provides a wide selection of properties.
- It has an easy-to-use user interface.
- Sellers cannot post listings directly.
- Some listings may overcompensate for what the property actually appears.
- Bad customer service.
Homes.com is a free real estate website operated by Ten-X. This website gives you access to more than 120,000 real estate opportunities, gathered from MLS listings and other real estate websites. The site has a home values history function, which lets you check on the price growth and compare it to other nearby properties.
With the help of this practical tool, you may discover undervalued homes that make excellent investments for both homeowners and investors. The website also provides details on nearby facilities and services, giving you extra information for your research.
On the potential deal, you’re interested in purchasing, the website also provides technical details on homeowners insurance, property taxes, and mortgage payments.
- It is free to users.
- You can check the things in close proximity to the property such as schools, parks, and others.
- It has search filters.
- It is not available in every country.
Apartment Guide is a real estate website powered by Rent, a digital marketing firm for the residential rental industry. It links millions of renters with their ideal apartments. It is the ideal real estate website for people looking for apartments in their neighborhoods.
Only apartment listings are available on the site as the name implies and it operates in American cities. Because Apartment Guide works directly with property managers, you can find exclusive offers that aren’t available on other apartment listings.
The website has good on-site search capabilities as well as listings with lots of content.
- The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- The website has a large collection of listings that are frequently updated.
- Only apartment listings are available.
- It only operated sim America.
This real estate website offers specialized listings for apartments throughout the nation. Before a property is listed on the website, experts connected to the site review and assess each one.
The website also serves as a resource for information, providing you with a wealth of insightful articles written by knowledgeable real estate agents and investors.
This website specializes in listing apartments in urban areas. They provide a variety of apartments in prestigious areas like Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and Florida.
Hotpads offers its users tools to aid in calculating commute times inside the neighborhood. Before listing any properties, the website validates them.
- High-Resolution images are used for listings.
- Simple and attractive user interface.
- It has a mobile app that is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- It doesn’t offer information on a lot of real estate agents in the neighborhood.
Our pick for the real estate website with the best customizable features is Opendoor.com. With a style that resembles your social network accounts and a scrolling feed, this website has a modern and appealing look.
All the listings are pulled directly from the MLS, giving you direct access to the greatest deals. Before placing a listing, the website checks every property.
- Little to no extra fees.
- Offers same-day tours.
- They have a website that works on both android and iOS devices.
- There are only a few metro areas available.
- Slightly more expensive than other real estate websites.
Investors should consider Roofstock. You can invest in real estate deals all around the United States through the website’s investment pool program. The website also offers chances in nations with rising real estate costs.
To become an investor, all one needs to do is examine the offerings available on the mobile app and select the one that best suits their requirements.
- There is no minimum deposit.
- Roofstock provides a property manager to assist you in handling your investments.
- It doesn’t have a mobile app.
- Real estate investment may be more expensive than using a REIT.
Foreclosed and distressed property listings are the focus of this real estate website. For investors searching for rental properties or homes to flip, it’s a fantastic option. RealtyTrac has the largest selection of foreclosed homes and distressed properties.
- The website also hosts online auctions.
- The type of foreclosure is stated in the search results.
- There is a 7-day free trial period.
- Detailed information on the foreclosed property.
- It is not free.
ZipRealty is similar to the layout of other real estate websites like realtor.com. It connects potential buyers, sellers, and investors with regional brokers.
The website provides user feedback on agents from reliable sources, giving you knowledge about the effectiveness of your agent or agency. With its linked and streamlined real estate services, ZipRealty distinguishes itself from other real estate websites.
Not to be confused with ForRent.com, Rent is a popular real estate website with rental listings from all around the US. The website provides verified listings for several types of rental property including standalone houses, condos, townhomes, and flats.
Each listing includes eye-catching, high-quality pictures and 3D tours of the floorplans, giving you a precise impression of the home before scheduling a showing.
- The website contains sections specifically designed for students, elderly, military personnel, and renters on a tight budget.
- The search filter isn’t very thorough.
If you are an investor or a flipper trying to save money on your next project, thenAuction.com is the real estate website for you. This website offers good value to customers by featuring listings of bank-owned properties or foreclosure deals.
The website holds online auctions, and if you place a winning offer, a crew is standing by to help you with the closing and transfer procedures.
- It is easy to enter auction items.
- It does not have a mobile app.
Your local Multiple Listing Services (MLS) can provide you with precise information about the real estate market in every state in the union. When determining a property’s value, brokers and experienced real estate agents consult the MLS.
Additionally, MLS.com offers real estate classes, new construction, properties abroad, and foreclosures. You can discover properties for sale, including new and used homes, newly built homes, lots, and land, as well as commercial buildings and investment properties.
- It is free.
- It offers a range of properties to choose from.
- It is only available in America.
- The website’s interface is lacking.
ReMax is the real estate website to use if you want to find the top luxury residences all in one place. This company is a global organization that offers real estate listings in numerous nations.
The company works with both residential and commercial properties. ReMax provides its customers with a free app that lets them stay up to date on the newest listings as they appear on the market.
- The mobile app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
- It has a network of over 135,000 agents worldwide.
- Relatively high commission charges.
You can complete all of your real estate transactions using Xome. This real estate website offers property listings, and online auctions and allows buyers to complete all real estate transactions. With the Purchase Pro package, you get access to pre-qualification, property tours, and a clear mortgage sourcing process.
You can also complete all the transactional paperwork using the website’s e-signature capabilities, providing you with a full online purchasing or selling option.
- It offers a one-stop-shop experience for all real estate transactions.
- The bids are not binding.
- It is relatively expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Real Estate Website?
There is no best real estate website because it is not possible for a website that suits every individual’s needs but you could try the sites listed above, they come pretty close.
Which Real Estate Website Has The Best Estimates?
Realtor.com has the most accurate estimates. It is associated with the National Association of Realtors and uses Multiple Listing Services (MLS) listings, the industry standard for high-quality listings that are sourced from about 580 local databases.
Final Thoughts On The Best Real Estate Websites In The World
With the number of real estate websites out there, it is quite challenging to decide which to use. Luckily, our list has made it much easier.
Feel free to go through this list once again and decide which you will make a regular visit to henceforth.
This is not an endorsement whatsoever and neither is it a form of promotion. We listed these real estate websites due to their authoritativeness and reliability in the real estate niche. Feel free to carry out further research and determine which one is best for you. However, if you want your real estate website to be added to this, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.